Zulu Community

Discussion on Zulu 9 Pre-release 3

Updated on December 19, 2017 in Zulu Releases
1 on March 18, 2016

Daniel, 

That is correct. I tried to explain that in the original post as follows:

“That means only part of the Jigsaw work is in this release and the two prior Zulu 9 pre-release builds.”

Jigsaw source has its own parallel branch. The OpenJDK 9 team plans to merge the main body of the Jigsaw project into the main Dev source branch this month. Once we pickup that change, then Zulu 9 will contain all the Jigsaw work. I believe the Pre 1, 2, and 3 builds only contain some preliminary Jigsaw changes now, but not the comprehensive change for modularity.

Matt

on March 18, 2016

mschuetzer,

Thank you for the clarification of this specific information .
Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
2 on March 21, 2016

Hi Matt,

thanks for the clarification about my problem, much appreciated. You said on the 10. March that there will be a new snapshot build “next week”. I see this didn´t happen yet or is it just not linked yet?

Thank you so much!

on March 24, 2016

Hi Geeky,
Zulu 9 pre-release 4 isn’t ready yet. I’ll let you know right away if we determine the ETA, and of course we’ll update you here when it’s been posted!
-jessica

on April 12, 2016

Geeky, I know you’ve already got this news from Matt’s post about Zulu 9 pre-release 4 being posted, but I wanted to put a note here just to close the loop on this thread.
Zulu 9 pre-release 4 is available at http://zulu.org/zulu-9-pre-release-downloads/
Thanks so much for sharing your experiences using Zulu!
-jessica

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on December 19, 2017

NoClassDefFoundError in Java comes when Java Virtual Machine is not able to find a particular class at runtime which was available at compile time. After you compile your code, you end up with .class files for each class in your program. These binary files are the bytecode that Java interprets to execute your program. The NoClassDefFoundError indicates that the classloader (in this case java.net.URLClassLoader), which is responsible for dynamically loading classes, cannot find the .class file for the class that you’re trying to use.

NoClassDefFoundError can occur for multiple reasons like

ClassNotFoundException — .class not found for that referenced class irrespective of whether it is available at compile time or not(i.e base/child class).
Class file located, but Exception raised while initializing static variables
Class file located, Exception raised while initializing static blocks

• Liked by
Cancel