Zulu Community

140 Year Anniversary – Is there going to be a Commemoration???

Updated on February 27, 2018 in General Zulu Questions
0 on February 27, 2018

I am an Australian who wishes to visit Rorke’s Drift, Isandlawana and Fugitive’s Drift. As you know, January of 2019 will be the 140th Anniversary of the engagement. Could you please kindly respond to these following questions.
1. Is there going to be a commemoration? i.e. with local Zulu people re-enacting their part in the battle or even British people attending in period costume??? I only ask this as I am inquiring whether I should time my visit to coincide with this date???
2. Can you please advise if it is possible to walk from Rorke’s Drift to Isandlawana (possibly to stay at Isandlawana Lodge) for two nights or three nights….. taking in a battlefield tour and then a self exploration of the battlefield.
3. Then trek through Fugitive’s Drift (again, staying at Fugitive’s Drift Lodge)
4. Then trek back to Rorke’s Drift for a further two nights?
I am a very experienced trekker and lead tours myself to the Kokoda Trail in Papua New Guinea, Gallipoli in Turkey and Thailand. So the distance is not an issue to me. I was just wondering if it was safe to do so???
Being from Australia, it is a very long way to come and I am one of those people who don’t just wish to visit the battlefield, but get a good feel and in depth experience of the battle and the experience of the British & Zulu troops.
I have just finished reading the books “How Can Man Die Better” and “Like Sheep on the Fold” by Lt. Col. Mike Snook and was very impressed. Are these the best books to read?? Or can you recommend others?

Any help appreciated.
I didn’t find the right solution from the Internet.

Cloud Storage marketing

• Liked by